A cookie is a small file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) which asks permission to be placed on your computer, it is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser.
Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personally identifiable information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links, or check the help section of your web browser:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, if you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can usually opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again.
You can also opt out of cookie based advertising entirely by updating your browser’s cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin
The retargeting services we may use are: